EV Charging and Energy Management Platform Implementation Approach – Buy, Build, or “Both”
Choosing the right EV charging and energy management platform is one of the critical decisions driving success as an eMobility provider. Therefore, we’ve recently created a thought leadership whitepaper about the considerations for choosing and implementing the right platform to future-proof your EV charging business.
We’ve created a series of blogs featuring the highlights; this is the third and final part, covering how to choose the ideal implementation approach -Buy, Build, or “Both” . We invite you to read the other two parts. Blog one discusses the specific challenges faced by today’s EV charging businesses. Blog two covers the six imperatives of a smart EV charging and energy management platform.
Making the Right Decision about Management Infrastructure
The key to leveraging new opportunities and coping with the constantly evolving eMobility market is ensuring the right infrastructure is in place.
Determine the best implementation approach
Do you already have a solution, or is it time to start from scratch? Futureproofing the platform is important to ensure it delivers the flexibility to meet your long-term requirements as your EV charging network expands.
If your company already has a solution, you can continue to develop and apply system updates. If you’re not fully satisfied with it, you can purchase a new system to replace your old one.
If your organization doesn’t yet have a solution, you can buy an off-the-shelf platform. It’s important that such a platform has the functionality to enable you to expand and grow, delivers continuous upgrades, and boosts your competitive advantage and bottom line.
A third approach is “buy some, develop some, and expand as you go.” In this case, the ideal platform is one with out-of-the-box, innovative capabilities for easy configuration and customization and supports bespoke development and API connectivity. Thus, it can address specific business and technical challenges that your company faces today – or will face in the future.
- Modularity – Ensures that you can pick and choose the specific functionality necessary for today but also allows the ability to quickly add additional modules later – e.g., billing, energy management, etc. to keep up with evolving business requirements.
- Configuration and Customization – Tailor-fit the system by adjusting it to your business processes and customizing capabilities to address evolving business needs. The best vendor is one who can help you speed customizations, as well as offer custom development, so your brand can be differentiated in the EV charging market.
- API connectivity – eases the path to building and integrating your own apps, portals, or other unique systems to bolster your competitiveness.
Realize all these benefits with a “buy some, develop some, and expand as you go” approach:
- Reduce TCO
- Accelerate time to market
- Achieve the flexibility and fine-tune your competitive advantages while driving long-term success
- Meet individual customer requirements
- Avoid vendor lock-in
- Achieve economies of scale
If you want to play a major role in the eMobility landscape, choose a market-leading, end-to-end EV charging and smart energy management software platform – a scalable, smart, and integrated solution that enables you to effectively manage your EV charging networks and provide drivers with an exceptional EV charging experience.