Development Team Leader
About The Position
What will you be doing?
- · Lead a team in the back end engineering team through execution of product roadmap & program delivery
- · Attract & recruit the best talent from diverse experiences & backgrounds
- · Build best of class developer experiences that accelerate product adoption & satisfaction
- · Perform architectural, design and hands-on code reviews
- · Demonstrate operational leadership, running the highest-scale critical platform services
- · Amplify the potential of your team through coaching, mentoring & performance management.
- · Hand on development – min 80% (will be lower in the future)
- · BA/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent from a known university
- · Strong coding skills & ability to perform in a dynamic, agile & entrepreneurial environment
- · 5+ years of backend development & at least 2 years of people management experience
- · Strong experience with Java web applications, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, ActiveMQ or equivalent
- · Strong experience with databases of multiple kinds – MySQL, Mongo (advantage), others…
- · Experience in REST based APIs and/or Microservices architecture.
- · Knowledge of web application frameworks and experience with cloud services.
- · Ability to solve complex development problems and push the technical boundaries of online applications
- · Excellent human skills and ability to solve team issues – be a people’s person