About The Position
The Electric Vehicles market is booming!
Driivz powers the E-Mobility Revolution with a market-leading, end-to-end Electric Vehicle Charging and Energy Management solution.
Driivz's platform manages tens of thousands of EV chargers in in more than 20 countries in North America, Europe, and APAC, used by almost 1 million EV drivers.
Our customers include global industry players including leading electric vehicle service providers, car manufacturers, Gas & Oil companies, and energy companies.
List of customers includes Volvo Group, Centrica, Gilbarco Veeder-Root, EVgo, Mer and more.
We offer a hybrid working environment with great people in an exciting growing industry.
Join us and be a part of the E-Mobility Revolution!
For more information, please visit http://www.driivz.com
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented VP R&D to lead our growing R&D group.
What will you do:
- In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions.
- You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, timelines and making any necessary adjustments to ensure successful completion.
- As VP R&D you will lead and build software development teams (including DevOps and Automation).
- You should have a proven record of excellence and impressive leadership skills, diverse experience, and a very comfortable being hands-on in System Architecture.
- You will be leading several R&D Teams, in a fast-moving & innovative development environment and platforms.
- You will be a mentor, leading our team leaders in day-to-day activities, managing the team’s workload, as well as develop and empower teams' skillset.
- You will oversee the research and development of new features and procedures.
- You will hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
- You will discuss and lay out project specifications.
- You will make detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- You will review, approve, or modify product designs.
- You will establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- You will coordinate activities of unit with other units or organizations.
What should you have:
- Experience in managing and scaling R&D teams.
- Strong leadership skills for coaching and mentoring (preferably in a Start-Up environment).
- Extensive experience with SAAS development, high scale environments.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering – MUST.
- Master’s degree in Engineering Management or Business Administration – Preferred.
- 5+ years of Engineering Experience as a Software Manager – MUST.
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot, JIRA, Bitbucket experience – MUST.
- Experience in Microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of Web Application frameworks and experience with Cloud services (GCP – Advantage).
- People person.